These sweet potato muffins can easily be adapted to include pumpkin to help satisfy your fall cravings. But I won’t lie the sweet potato is a big hit in these muffins and helps to create a perfectly moist and flavourful muffin! Theses muffins are flourless, paleo and dairy free.
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (or pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 and 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 scoop Great Lakes Ginseng Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and then grease or line a muffin tin for 12 muffins.
- Starting with the wet ingredients first add everything except the chocolate chips into a blender or a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds, or until smooth.
- Using a spoon, gently fold in the chocolate chips into the batter. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each about 3/4th of the way full. Bake in the oven for 22 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Allow to to cool for at least 10-15 minutes before stuffing in your face.